Income Protection: The benefits
Income Protection provides you with a replacement income if you are unable to carry out your usual work due to any illness, any injury, any disability or any accident. This is the most comprehensive income protection plan available
It is a very simple plan and offers the following key features:
- Protect up to 75% of your income
- Premiums are guaranteed not to increase in the event of a claim
- Cover is guaranteed to continue until retirement, even if you have multiple claims
- You can claim tax relief at your marginal rate on premiums paid
- When claiming, should you choose to return to work you will be supported with rehabilitation and any training you need, all the while paying your claim.
- Your premiums can be either guaranteed (will not change during the term of your plan) or reviewable (will stay constant for the first 5 years of the plan and subject to review thereafter)
- Additional benefits under the Income Protection plan include:
- Guaranteed Increase Option – you may be able to increase your benefits at regular intervals without having to provide any medical information
- Hospital Cash benefit – you can receive an income if you are hospitalised for more than 7 days
- Overseas benefit – you will be covered as long as you are in the European Union or if outside the European Union benefit will be paid for for 13 weeks in any 52 week period (to a total of 39 weeks)
- An optional benefit is indexation of premium and benefit amount.