Terms of Business
The full name of our firm is Adelphi Financial Brokers Limited and the address of our registered office is 8 Adelphi Quay, Waterford.
These terms of business set out the basis on which Adelphi Financial Brokers will provide business services to you as a client of the firm. They also contain details of our regulatory and statutory obligations and the respective duties of both the firm and you in relation to such services.
Adelphi Financial Brokers is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and is a member of Brokers Ireland and The Irish Insurance Institute.
Adelphi Financial Brokers Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and is authorised as follows:
- Insurance/Reinsurance Intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005 (as amended)
- Investment Business Firm under Section 10 of the Investment Intermediaries Act, 1995 (as amended)
- Investment Product Intermediary – an intermediary that may issue appointments appearing in the register maintained under Section 31 of the Investment Intermediaries Act, 1995 (as amended)
- Mortgage Intermediary, authorised under the Consumer Credit Act, 1995 (as amended)
- Product producer – an intermediary which may issue appointments to other intermediaries
Adelphi Financial Brokers Limited is subject to and complies with the Consumer Protection Code, Minimum Competency Code and the Fitness and Probity Standards as laid down by the Central Bank of Ireland.
REVISED TERMS OF BUSINESS
In 2018, new regulations, such as MiFID 2; PRIIPS and the Insurance Distribution Directive, governing our industry will be introduced into law in Ireland.
These new regulations are intended to strengthen consumer protection, improve the competitive landscape of the European insurance industry, and reduce cross-
They will have significant impact for intermediaries such as Adelphi Financial Brokers who currently offer the broadest range of advice services.
In order to prepare for the changes, we are currently amending out Terms of Business to reflect the services we will offer.
Once the completed document has been passed by our compliance officer, we will publish the revised terms and conditions here.